The Cougar Crier

Our Wayward Sons Are Back!

'Supernatural' returns for its 13th season.

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles star in The CW's Supernatural.

Photo by Creative Commons

Photo by Creative Commons

Marlee Seifer, Staff Writer

The Winchester Brothers, after twelve years and twelve seasons, are coming back for a thirteenth season. Sam and Dean Winchester have fought ghosts, Windigos, shapeshifters, as well as everything else you can think of that goes bump in the night.  They’ve even faced their fair share of Angels.   They have faced death and resurrection time after time, Demon Deals, the Apocalypse, being Soulless, Hell, Leviathans, Purgatory, being wanted fugitives a handful of times, the British Men of Letters, Lucifer, and even God’s sister, and Lucifer…again.  After everything, the boys are back for more.  They have faced the worst and won.  They have been knocked down, and they come back swinging.  Sam and Dean have lost their mother, their father, their half-brother that, until he died, they didn’t know existed…but that’s not the point.  The point is, Supernatural is back.

After an action-packed twelfth season, which concluded with Mary, the long dead (but recently resurrected) mother of Sam and Dean, and Lucifer getting stuck in the alternate-Post Apocalyptic reality.  Mary was murdered by a demon when Dean was four, and Sam was six months– more than twenty years before the pilot takes place.  Cas, the rebellious ‘Angel of the Lord’, who betrayed Heaven in order to help Sam and Dean stop the Apocalypse, and Crowley, the sometimes King of Hell/ Crossroads Demon, and the enemy (frenemy) of Sam and Dean, are both dead. Cas, long since confirmed by the cast, will be coming back once again. But while fans are thrilled that Misha Collins, the actor who plays Castiel, is staying on the show.  Mark Sheppard, who is the actor for Crowley, the British will not be returning for another season.

Regardless, Supernatural will be returning to uncertainties.  Lucifer has a rugrat, Cas, Mary, Crowley and Lucifer are all gone, and the British Men of Letters have been defeated.  Despite these losses, the Winchesters would finally have a break from their vanquished enemies– but that is not the case. For the brothers, there seems to be always another job to do, another hunt, and another monster to kill.  With that being said, unbeknownst to the brothers, there appears to be a new player in Hell– one with a serious bone to pick with the brothers. To top it off, Lucifer has a kid, who, although just being born, already appears to look like a teenager.  

With all of this to keep the Winchesters busy and hunting, no doubt this thirteenth will be just as action-packed, and just as fantastic as the previous twelve.  

• Our Wayward Sons Are Back!

Opinion

What Role Does Feminism Play in Our Society Today?

• Our Wayward Sons Are Back!

Pop Culture

We Love Love, Simon

• Pop Culture

American Idol Comeback

• Our Wayward Sons Are Back!

World News

#NeverForget

• Cougar News

There Were Some Rumors in the Town…

• Cougar News

Class Night

• Pop Culture

Wonder: A Story that Lives Up to its Title

• Pop Culture

Want to Win a Jet Ski?

• Our Wayward Sons Are Back!

World News

Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin

• Pop Culture

The Three Big Game Names

The Student News Site of John F. Kennedy High School
Our Wayward Sons Are Back!