The Cougar Crier

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Says Shoot!

Rock, paper, scissors takes Kennedy by storm -- and raises money for those affected by hurricanes.

Photo by Mikayla Gorelin

Photo by Mikayla Gorelin

Emma Gold, Staff Writer

Rock, Paper, Scissors, says Shoot! Kennedy High School hosted its first annual Rock Paper Scissors Tournament this fall in order to extend a helping hand towards the victims of Hurricane Harvey. Participants each donated five dollars to help support the cause and raised an impactful $1800! Brackets of players from each grade were arranged, until eight brackets finalists emerged from each grade.

On the day of the main event, thirty-two of the game’s most prestigious players bustled with commotion and excitement in the gym, along with enthusiastic staff members, enthralled friends, the exuberant Cougar mascot, and the vibrant Mr. Lella! Coteries of the game’s enthusiasts huddled up in the gym. They threw down some intense heat as the competition kicked off. There were several brackets that led up to the ultimate show-down between sophomore Jonathan Ivers and junior Jack Kelly. At this point, the fans were hanging of the edges of their seats for the best-of-three match between the two. After a grueling yet comical showdown, Ivers snatched the win and was crowned the First Annual Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament King! 

Mikayla Gorelin
Sophomore Jonathan Ivers wins it all.

• Cougar News

Ladles of Love

• Cougar News

Ladles of Love

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Says Shoot!

Cougar News

Kennedy Welcomes Middle School Basketball

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Says Shoot!

Cougar News

It Feels Good to Do Good

• Rock, Paper, Scissors, Says Shoot!

Cougar News

Kids at Kennedy

• Opinion

Cell Phones in the Classroom

• Pop Culture

Call of Duty: WW2 Review

• Pop Culture

History of Halloween

• Pop Culture

The Rise of the Hypebeast

• Pop Culture

NBA 2k18 Review

The Student News Site of John F. Kennedy High School
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Says Shoot!