The Cougar Crier

Filed under Cougar News

There Were Some Rumors in the Town…

Kennedy Drama performs 'Fiddler on the Roof'

On March 23rd and 24th, John F. Kennedy High School’s Drama Club brought “To Life” the renowned classic Fiddler on the Roof. In the show, spouses Golde and Tevye navigate through the troubles of life in their hometown Anatevka while attempting to raise their five daughters in a Jewish household. The performance captured the audience’s attention with ebullient dance numbers, impressive costumes, and of course, the intense yet thrilling dream scene! Some other highlights of the show included the captivating bottle dance, the tumultuous wedding scene, and the thrilling introduction of Motel’s new sewing machine. Also, the pit band musicians plowed through the rigorous score while managing to keep all of their fingers by the end of the show. In addition to the talented singers, dancers, actors, and musicians, there are a handful of people who helped put the show on the stage. A heartfelt thank you goes out to director Mr. Daniel Sheffield, musical director Mrs. Jeanette Pincus, choreographer Ms. Lois Schiavetta, pit band director Mr. Walter Avellaneda, production assistant Mr. Guy DeMatteis, lights coordinator Mr. Christopher Rosselli, and costume coordinators Ms. Amber Miller and Jessie Maldonado. Despite the snow taking away two days of “Hell Week,” the notoriously grueling yet rewarding last week before the show, everyone involved plunged right back into action to make it happen. What a memorable production!

The Student News Site of John F. Kennedy High School
There Were Some Rumors in the Town…